Lately, online casinos have become very popular and are much more in demand than traditional casinos. The most important advantage of them is the possibility to play at any time of the day and anywhere – at home, on a walk, in transport. To start playing, you only need two things: your device (computer, tablet, smartphone) and access to the Internet. Modern gaming sites pay a lot of attention to structure and comfort. They have everything that is typical for real casinos. So playing on the Internet is comfortable and safe. But for everything to be correct, you need to confirm your account. For this purpose verification was created. Below you will learn more about it.
What is verification?
After creating an account on the online casino website, the customer can start playing immediately, replenish the balance and activate most bonuses. There are no restrictions in this regard. But other features may not be available to a person until they pass verification. Some gambling sites limit withdrawal limits or prohibit cashouts altogether until the player confirms his or her identity. Simply put, this involves the user verifying the authenticity of the data entered. This procedure is standard on any authorised gaming platform. Users must send scans or photos of their documents.
Purpose of verification
Verification in an online casino serves several purposes at the same time. In most cases, these checks are to prevent “undesirable persons” from gambling. This is necessary for several reasons:
- To confirm the age of the majority of the customer. Only users who have reached the age of 18, and in some countries – 21, can play;
- To exclude multiple accounts. Each person cannot have more than one account;
- To increase the security of payments. Once the verification is completed, withdrawal of funds is only possible with the data belonging to its owner;
- To protect players against fraudsters using other people’s private data and payment methods.
In addition, after verifying the identity, it will be easier for you to resolve controversial issues. For example, in case of loss of access to the account or account hacking, the customer can provide his documents to confirm the fact of ownership.
How to Pass Verification: Instructions
This procedure involves several steps. The requirements may vary slightly at different online casinos, but in most cases they are identical. At some gaming sites, verification is not a mandatory procedure. Such operators may carry out a random check at any time. It is desirable to pass the inspection after creating an account. This will help to avoid delays when trying to withdraw money. These are the mandatory steps to be taken by the user:
- Confirm your email and phone number. This could take a few minutes to complete after registration. A message with a link or button to confirm will be sent to your email address. The phone number can be verified in the profile settings. You will need to specify the code;
- Fill in the profile. You have to enter information about yourself in all empty fields. Essential lines are usually marked with an asterisk. You must specify reliable data. If the security service detects inconsistencies, verification may be denied;
- Proof of identity. The most important stage where it is necessary to send scans or photos of documents. These can be sent to the helpdesk email or attached via the internal functionality of the Personal Account.
Going through the whole process takes some time. Each bookmaker individually determines the verification deadlines. But as a rule it is not more than 3 days.
Depending on the online casino, different documents may be required. Most often, the administration will require the following:
- Scan or photograph your passport (DNI) in good quality;
- A driving licence;
- Confirmation of residential address.
- A scan or photo of the bank card with which the deposit was made.
In addition, the bookmaker may ask you to provide a screenshot of the payment system from which the account was replenished. If the security service has any doubts during verification, additional documents will be requested.
The safety of verification
Players often wonder if it is safe. After all, you are asked to send a passport photo to an online casino. Before doing so, read the site’s rules carefully. For example, you can do it via live chat. Ask the operator the necessary questions and ask him to help you verify the gaming account. But it is safe to say that officially licensed clubs securely store information about their visitors. If we are talking about unlicensed clubs, verification in them is not recommended. Often such platforms distribute personal data. Therefore, carefully choose a casino to register and play at. Most legal Internet clubs use SSL encryption. Secure Sockets Layer is a cryptographic protocol that has proven its reliability for many years. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about leaving your photos, card numbers and other information on the site.
How to update verification data
Sometimes there are cases where player data may change. For example:
- The documents have expired;
- The name on the identity card has changed;
- The ID number has changed;
- The nationality has changed;
- You need to update or modify the uploaded documents in accordance with the requirements.
In this case, you will also need to update your verification on the casino website. Here is how to do this correctly. Basically, it will not vary in different operators.
You will not find it difficult to do so. Just follow these steps:
- Log in to your account;
- Go to the Update personal details page and select the reason for the change;
- Enter the changed data and click “Continue”.
Now you have to wait for the processing of your application to be completed. After your application has been processed, you will receive a notification. And the updated information appears on your page.
Read about Multiplayer slots