The first mention of this game dates back to 1526. Poker of that time was very different from the current version. In the original version of the game, players were dealt 3 cards each, then bets were placed for certain amounts and then a winner was declared depending on the value of the available cards. Poker was extremely popular in countries such as Italy, France and Spain. By 1752, the rules of the game had changed slightly. Now 5 cards were dealt instead of 3, chips were used for betting, and a new element in the game, the so-called “bluff”, was introduced. Then the rules of the game began to undergo new changes, the game began to be played with a deck of 52 cards. By 1834, the rules of the game were practically formed and became similar to modern ones. The main task of the game was to collect the strongest combination of cards. In the regions where this game appeared gambling clubs began to form.
The first world event in this game is considered to be the open poker competition in 1970. Since that time poker became public and open tournaments were organised all over the world.
Depending on the region where the game is played, subtypes of the game have been formed with slight differences. So the following types of poker appeared:
- Draw poker;
- Double Discarding Draw-poker;
- Texas Hold’em;
- 2-7 Lowball.
As you can see there are many variations of the classic poker game. The most popular is Texas Hold’em, which has gained the most popularity around the world. With the development of information technology, club poker has been relegated to the background. Nowadays, this game is widely popular on gambling platforms. Users can play poker anywhere, they do not need to leave home and look for a gambling club in their region.
Nowadays, most users prefer to play poker through gambling platforms. Gambling platforms provide an opportunity to play different types of poker. Most platforms have classic poker modes, but there are also platforms that offer new modes, including live mode. In this mode, the player can use a computer or mobile phone to sit at a gaming table where a real person (dealer) organises and conducts the game. And you can place bets, receive cards and perform other actions in real time.
There are the following platforms where it is possible to play poker:
- GGPoker UA;
- Americas Cardroom;
- Parimatch and others.
As you can see the list is really big. A player can choose any platform and play poker. Platforms practically do not differ from each other in functionality. The main difference between the platforms are bonuses for players. For example, GGPoker UA offers a 100% bonus on the first deposit, while Pokerdom offers a weekly freeroll. The user can independently go to the above platforms, familiarise themselves with the bonuses provided.
Rules of poker
The rules of poker are extremely simple and do not require long study. Once you have chosen a gambling platform, created an account and funded your balance, you need to select a poker game in the Casino section. After performing these actions, the gameplay begins.
The rules of the game are as follows:
- The game starts with compulsory betting (You can bet any amount you like;).
- Then the dealer deals the cards (Two closed cards are dealt and three open cards are placed on the table. Closed cards are available for viewing only to those players to whom the cards are dealt. Open cards are laid out in the middle of the game table and are available for viewing by all players, in order to select the game combination);
- After studying the presented cards, the player makes a decision on the game (The player can discard cards, perform the so-called “Fold” if he believes that he has a weak game combination. The player can make the next bet “Call” and continue the game, and in this case the player can both equalise the size of bets with other players, and increase it by making the necessary action);
- In the case when the game continued the dealer deals two additional open cards;
- Then the player has an opportunity to pick up the game combination of cards from the existing 7 cards.
- The player must decide whether to suspend the game or to continue (These actions are described in paragraph 3 of the rules);
- After that the players’ cards are revealed and the winner is determined depending on the strongest combination of cards.
As you can see the game process is very simple. The rules describe the most general process of the game. At the same time there are cases when every action of the dealer to deal cards is necessarily accompanied by making bets. Before you start playing on your chosen platform should study the rules of the mode for the presence of features in the conduct of games to avoid confusing situations and mistakes.
In order to win the game you need to collect the most winning combination. Combinations can be different, some are the most frequent and are weaker than those that fall out less often.
There are the following combinations of cards (the serial number of the combination corresponds to its strength):
- Flash Royal (The strongest combination of cards. It consists of the five highest cards of the same suit, starting with the Ace and ending with the 10);
- Street Flush (Any five cards of the same suit that are in order, e.g. from 5 to 9); 2;
- Four of a kind (Four cards of the same value);
- Full House (A combination of 2 cards of the same value (pair) and 3 cards of other cards of the same value (set));
- Flash (Five cards of any value of the same suit);
- Straight (Five cards of different suits in ascending order);
- Set (Three cards of the same value);
- Two Pairs (Two pairs of cards of the same value, e.g. two 6’s and two 3’s);
- Pair (Two cards of the same value);
- Senior Card (This combination is used to determine the winner when players do not have the above combinations. And the winner is determined by the presence of cards of higher value).
As you can see there are several combinations of cards that a player needs to collect in order to beat other players. During the game, the player evaluates the cards he has and the possible combinations.
Read about Online Casino Account Verification